Acer Liquid `Gallant Duo` Phones That Deliver
Ice Cream Sandwich. 1GHz Processor 1GB RAM. 4GB Internal Storage. 4.3" QHD Display. 5 Megapixel Camera
with LED Flash. Oh, and Dual SIM. Available in white and black. for £150? Admit it, you wouldnt have thought this would be a Acer phone..Would You.
The specs above belong to the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo, which is not only the worst named
phone in the history of the world, but also an interesting new take on the low end market from the disappointing-of-late Acer.Ive had the pleasure of seeing this phone and was impressed after been told of the Retail price .
The full specs...
- CPU speed: 1GHz, MTK 6575
- Platform: Android Ice Cream Sandwich
- Network: HSPA/WCDMA 900/2100 MHz / Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz / (Band frequency, HSPA availability, and data speed are operator dependent)
- Dual SIM
- Memory: Internal phone storage: 4GB / RAM: 1GB / microSD slot (up to 32GB)
- Display: 4.3-inch touch screen with qHD resolution
- GPS: Internal GPS antenna
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Ambient light sensor
- Connectivity : Bluetooth® 3.0 + EDR / Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11b/g/n / 3.5 mm stereo audio jack / Standard micro-USB
- Camera:5 megapixel camera, LED flash
- Battery:Lion Battery 1500 mah
- Weight: 145 grams with battery
- Dimensions: (LxWxT): 129 x 65,9 x 9,9 mm
While their recent releases have been underwhelming, I do have fond memories of my original Acer Liquid, despite it's more-flexible-than-a-rubber-band construction.
The big unknown on the spec sheet is the 'MTK 6575', not a CPU i'm familiar with, has been shipping out on all sorts of cheap Chinese devices (you know the ones I mean) already.
The ALGD (as it shall now be known) is slated for release 8th August 2012, in both black and white, via Expansys priced at only £148.99 and these seems a very decent Price indeed